Harris Bemoans Late Slip

The Lions’ boss was left disgruntled as the south-east Londoners dropped two points at the death against Swindon, writes Ollie Rudgewick.

Millwall manager Neil Harris was left frustrated after his side surrendered a two-goal lead away at Swindon Town at the weekend.

Harris told Millwallfc.co.uk: “We certainly feel like we’ve been robbed here today, There is no doubt whatsoever that we deserved to win the game.”

He also praised the Lions’ first half display, saying: “We started on the front foot, forced them into mistakes and deserved what was then a good lead.”

Harris was critical of the referee Kevin Wright, saying that the penalty that bought Swindon back into the game was a soft one. He also thought that the referee gave too much to the home side, insisting that “the foul count tells a story,” as Millwall committed 17 fouls over the course of game to Swindon’s four.

Positives to take

“The players are hugely disappointed in the dressing room but there are so many positives to take out of the game,” he added.

The 2-2 scoreline at the County Ground was the Lions’ second successive away draw in League One.

Lee Gregory opened the scoring with his 15th league goal this season after turning in a precise Jed Wallace cross.

Steve Morison netted shortly after, latching onto a through ball and dispatching it past Swindon ‘keeper Lawrence Vigouroux to give the visitors a commanding lead after just 11 minutes.

Lead let slip

Nicky Ajose scored his 20th of the campaign from the spot just after the break to give the Robins hope.

Michael Doughty grabbed the equaliser late on, heading home Bradley Barry’s cross in the fourth minute of stoppage time to rescue a point.

The result sees Millwall stay fifth with just a one point gap to sixth-placed Bradford City and still four points clear of Coventry City in seventh.

The Lions’ next game is against Sheffield United on Saturday, and they will be looking to close in on the automatic promotion places.