Millwall Lionesses travelled to The Hive in North London to take on rivals, London Bees. It was Millwall who took all three points winning the game 3-2 with a goal from Ashlee Hincks and a brace from Charlie Devlin.

Hincks got the game underway for the visitors and almost immediately Ella Rutherford was sent through on goal, but London Bees keeper Nicola Hobbs was quick off her line to collect the ball.

Three minutes later, London Bees made the breakthrough. Jo Wilson calmly placed the ball past the helpless Sarah Quantrill in the Millwall goal.

Down But Not Out

It took just three minutes for the hosts to double their lead from a corner. Emma Becket was left unmarked inside The Lionesses box and was able to knock the ball in, giving London Bees a healthy lead before 10 minutes had been played.

In the 36th minute the visitors got themselves back into the game. Devlin managed to work some space for herself just inside the London Bees box and curled it in to the top corner. Going in to the break London Bees were leading the game 2-1.

Millwall got off to the best possible start in the second half. Rianna Dean, who replaced Brionne Fowle at half time, earned a free kick in the London Bees half. Megan Alexander put in the resulting free kick which was headed away only to fall to Devlin who smashed it home in to the top corner.


Four minutes after the restart London Bees were reduced to 10 players after Ocean Rolandsen was sent off for handling the ball on the line. Hincks had the opportunity to help Millwall take the lead, and made no mistake when she stepped up to take the penalty and fired into the left side of the goal.

Millwall almost had a fourth when Dean cleverly spun off her defender and fired the ball at goal, but her shot cannoned off the crossbar.

Dean had another chance minutes from time when Devlin squared the ball and Dean scored into an open goal, but the official ruled her offside.

Although London Bees tried to find a winner in the final few moments of the game the Millwall defence stood firm. The game ended 3-2 with Millwall Lionesses taking all three points, and keeping their unbeaten league run intact.

Lionesses Roar

After the game Lionesses keeper Quantrill spoke about the performance: “We started off the first half probably the worst we’ve played all season, but to get back in to it just before half time and to turn it around so quickly in the second half is a massive positive. It just shows the fighting spirit in this team.”

The Lionesses now prepare for a midweek game against Arsenal in the Continental Tyres Cup.