West Ham United will freeze their season ticket prices for the club’s second season at the Olympic Stadium.
The move is being seen by some fans and commentators as an appeasement to those supporters who still see the stadium as burden, or as a public relations exercise to counter the negative stories surrounding the stadium, but for many Hammers fans the move will be applauded.
Fans are consistently fighting for cheaper tickets and with West Ham already offering the cheapest season ticket in the Premier League at £289 it’s sure to attract and retain many. Or as the club have consistently maintained, it gives the 55,000 fans on the waiting list a chance to experience the new stadium for themselves.
Any fan wishing to relocate needs to renew their season ticket as soon as they can, as the seat relocation will be prioritised based on how early a renewal application is made.
The key dates in the club’s announcements to follow are:
- Monday 13 March Renewal period open.
- Friday 14 April Deadline for online Monthly Payment Plan applications. Applications can still be made before the renewal deadline but they must be made in person or by calling the Ticket Office.
- Wednesday 31 May Renewal deadline. Make sure you renew by 5pm as, following this date, your seat will be made available to Season Ticket Holders wishing to relocate and offered to the 55,000-plus supporters on the Waiting List.
- Thursday 1 June Priority relocation window opens. Seat relocations will be subject to seat availability at the end of the renewal window. Relocations will be prioritised by how early you renew your Season Ticket, and the priority window slots will be communicated to supporters nearer the time.
- Thursday 15 June Priority relocation window closes.
- Friday 16 June Season Tickets on sale to Waiting List.